Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rough night

BR hasn't regained consciousness since 8pm last night. He was moaning and yelling off and on most of the night, but since I couldn't get him to swallow anything, there wasn't much I could do. When the hospice nurse came out this morning, she told me to give him the methadone rectally, and to dissolve his Ativan in 1/2 cc of water, then use a medicine syringe to put it between his lower lip and gum. He's now resting comfortably again.

The hospice doctor offered two options: admit him into a hospital for a full battery of tests and treatment, or keep him at home and comfortable. I chose the latter -- it's what he wants. We will continue with the IV antibiotics, and the next 24-48 hours will be make or break.

Light a candle and say a prayer for him, please.

5 comments:

Bibliotekaren said...

I'm de-lurking to let you know that prayerful thoughts are being sent your way.

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,
Thinking of BR and you.
Huge hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Anonymous said...

Same here from me, Steve...will be praying for you both.

Susanne

Kim said...

Is there any news since you last posted? How are things now? Many many prayers sent your way.

Sharon said...

My love, there are candles lit in 3 rooms of my house....and they are shining love on both of you. You know that just as you and BR have been here for Catwoman and me...we are here for you. We love you more than words can adequately express.

Sharon