Monday, March 23, 2009

California wakin'


... on such a spring day.

It always surprises me how long it takes to get out to the west coast. Maybe the FAA is getting more cautious with weather related slowdowns. Maybe I'm just getting older.

In this case, my connecting flight out of Las Vegas was delayed by 3 hours due to high winds. I was able catch an earlier flight to San Francisco that was also delayed. My luggage was not so lucky. Still, it gave me a chance to get the rental car and grab dinner at In-N-Out. Mmmm. Double Double, fries, and a chocolate shake.

Then back to the airport to collect my suitcase, and a short drive into the city. I can certainly recommend the San Francisco Marriott. Just blocks from Union Square and the Moscone Center. And at 35 stories, you can get rooms with a view. Thank you, Priceline!

When I woke this morning, my first instinct was to check on BR. Having two double beds in the room reinforced the delusion. Where the hell did he go? He can't walk!?! Oh yeah.

I needed this working respite.

1 comment:

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,

Great view.
Hope your trip goes well.
Take care.
Love,
Herrad