With BR heavily sedated all the time, I'm falling into a terrible funk. I second guess all my decisions.
Is it time to call the doctor? I've decided yes on this one. I'm told I can call in the morning and get a same day appointment with his primary care physician.
Am I doing enough to avoid pressure wounds? I'm turning him every 3-4 hours during the day, and once overnight, and the process is excruciatingly painful for him. He has one sore on his tailbone that is holding steady at stage 1, down from stage 2 when he was having all the bladder issues.
He gets up for a few hours in the evening, but communication is slow. Often he'll just fall asleep in his chair.
Should I be checking him into a care facility until the Prialt trial in December? I hope the doctor has some advice for me tomorrow.
Should I be going to California next week? Jordan is coming back to care for him, but this isn't the same situation it was over the summer.
I'm trying to stay calm and seek advice from professionals as needed. But when I don't feel what he's feeling, when he has a disease that ends up being the root of so many problems that don't seem to be responding to treatment, it all just seems so futile. I fear we are on a crash course with the ER, and we both *hate* the ER.
Maybe the doctor tomorrow will be the "stitch in time" that I'm looking for.